Paul puts forth ten reasons why an online community is suited for the law:
- Law is a social profession
- Legal content and expertise are developed and shared socially.
- A social platform is the easiest way to go global.
- A social platform can address clients’ demand for greater efficiency
- A social platform can be used to manage privileged work.
- A social platform gets lawyers closer to clients.
- Social platforms will change the competitive dynamics of law.
- Participating in the broader community is the best way to energize your own community.
- An online community could prevent future shock.
- Social platforms are not about technology, they are about people.
My attendance at the conference was subject to a non-disclosure agreement so I have no posts to share my notes with you yet. (I have submitted them for approval from the conference host.)